NEW COURSE: Mondays in November
7.15pm downstairs at the Rising Sun Arts Centre
Advance booking is required. Discounted course bookings will be made available initially, with advance single class tickets made available if class capacity hasn’t been reached. Please use the button below to purchase your ticket via Dancecloud.
£25 Course Booking
Includes all 5 classes in November, available from Monday 25 October.
£6 Advance Drop-In Tickets
Now open – book and pay for individual classes in advance.
Unless classes sell out, bookings will be accepted until 12noon that day of the class. Bookings received after 12noon on the day of a class cannot be guaranteed.
To make a Course Booking:
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include your name and contact details
This is primarily for track and trace purposes.
If booking for individual classes please include the date/s you wish to pay in advance for.
- Pay for your booking
On receiving your email we’ll reply with payment details.
Places will be offered on a first-come-first-served basis and confirmed once payment has been received.
Our aim for these classes is to build repertoire with a focus on improvisation and self-expression. Each session we’ll be introducing and breaking down a number of solo jazz and Charleston steps, concentrating on technique, shape/styling, timing/rhythm and transitions.
This class is suitable for all levels and is aimed at swing dancers and non-swing dancers alike, anyone wanting to build their solo jazz repertoire from scratch, dust off the cobwebs or plug in the gaps.
- Due to Covid we’ve had to limit the number of places we can offer for this class safely. We’re asking attendees to book their places in advance to avoid cash handling on the night and as a means to track and trace in the unlikely event of a positive test notification.
- We also highly encourage folks to take a lateral flow test before and the day after class and report any positive results to us so we can notify fellow attendees accordingly.
- We will be aiming to keep the space as ventilated as possible so please bear this in mind and bring suitable layers accordingly as the season progresses.
- In the event that we need to cancel classes due to Covid restrictions we will endeavour to refund any cancelled classes (minus dancecloud fees). If you are required to miss a class due to a positive Covid test, please get in contact and we will transfer your payment to credit a future class.
30 Silver St,
- Clothes: Wear comfortable clothes allow you to move.
- Footwear: Footwear should be comfortable, not too grippy and not to slippy. Please avoid shoes that can come off easily – ideal shoes have laces or ankle straps – or heels for safety and comfort.
- Hydrate: Please bring water with you. We will not be able to provide any drinks.
- Self-care: Throughout the class please look out for yourself and others. If you feel any pain, stop. If you need a rest, take a break. Drink as and when you need. Take it at your own pace – there’s no judgement or competition here, we’re all just having fun.